Security Basics mailing list archives

Windows 2000 Registry

From: Nicholas Russell <nbrussell () telstra com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 15:15:23 +1000

Hello!

I’m a newbie to this list, and I’m honoured to be part of a group so
willing to share its knowledge, time and altruism for the sake of
ignorami like myself.

Can anyone recommend a good tool (or tools) for locking down or even
encrypting the Windows 2000 registry at both the server and
workstation levels? I figure that a good starting point would be to
set up a policy removing access to cmd.exe and command.com as well as
the ability to execute regedit and regedt32. I hate to leave myself
open to all sorts of taunts and jeers, but is there anything more I
can do?

Many Thanks in Advance,

- Nick Russell

Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts!
The Gartner Group just put Neoteris in the top of its Magic Quadrant,
while InStat has confirmed Neoteris as the leader in marketshare.

Find out why, and see how you can get plug-n-play secure remote access in
about an hour, with no client, server changes, or ongoing maintenance.

Visit us at: http://www.neoteris.com/promos/sf-6-9.htm