Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Netcraft shows ministryofsound is running IIS 5.0 on LINUX ???

From: "Chris Berry" <compjma () hotmail com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 18:36:10 -0700

From: Steinar Skjelanger <steinar () skjelanger com>
To: Rohit <rohits79 () yahoo com>, security-basics () securityfocus com
Subject: Re: Netcraft shows ministryofsound is running IIS 5.0 on LINUX ???
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 22:11:48 +0200

Yes and no. We used to have a load balancing cluster of Windows 2000 IIS servers behind caching (proxy) servers running Linux and caching software from Inktomi. This setup also showed up in Netcraft as IIS5.0 on Linux, although it obviously wasn't entirely correct...

I suspect ministryofsound.com has a similar solution.

Couldn't you run it on VMWare or WINE? (though why you'd want to is beyond me)

Chris Berry
compjma () hotmail com
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"Within every man beats a heart of darkness." --The Shadow

Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts!
The Gartner Group just put Neoteris in the top of its Magic Quadrant,
while InStat has confirmed Neoteris as the leader in marketshare.
Find out why, and see how you can get plug-n-play secure remote access in
about an hour, with no client, server changes, or ongoing maintenance.
Visit us at: http://www.neoteris.com/promos/sf-6-9.htm