Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Is Citrix safe?

From: "bhavani.suresh" <bhavani.suresh () adnoc-dist co ae>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 09:03:10 +0400

Hi

It all depends on ur rules and policies and configurations.  If theres a
loop hole in ur policies or rules definition and ur servers are not
properly hardened then no one is to be blamed.

We also have a CSG but I have not yet fully rolled out.  Put it in the
DMZ and allow only SSL and ICA protocol thru CSG and encrypt the watch
out for any security breaches on the above protocols and keep on
updating htem.

Also on top of it if u could harden the CSG acc to MS then it should be
safe..it all depends on the organisation to have dedicated IS Security
group.  Otherwise maintenance of these patches is byitself a very big
head ache!!  Currently im undergoing a big trauma cos I shoulder admin
and security responsibilities..

Regrds