Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Firewall Comparisons

From: Matt Stern <sternm () comprehensive com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 13:22:04 -0400

Could we add the Sonicwall product line to this, too?

Thanx.

Joseph wrote:

I'm looking for a site that has some good firewall comparisons.  I'm looking
for more than just throughput; I would like a comparison of how secure they
can be.  How "well built" the OS is on them?  How do their stateful
filtering mechanisms compare?  Also, if anyone has had any good/bad
experience with these firewalls in particular, please let me know.

Cisco PIX 515E

WatchGuard Firebox 700

NetScreen 25

I'm having trouble finding any objective reviews.

Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts!
The Gartner Group just put Neoteris in the top of its Magic Quadrant,
while InStat has confirmed Neoteris as the leader in marketshare.
Find out why, and see how you can get plug-n-play secure remote access in
about an hour, with no client, server changes, or ongoing maintenance.
Visit us at: http://www.neoteris.com/promos/sf-6-9.htm

--
Matthew H. Stern, CCP/CDP, sternm () comprehensive com
Serving the IT industry since 1976