Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: building an FAQ for Security-Basics

From: "Martin Greschner" <gremagehan () web de>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 17:46:39 +0200

Hi Kelly,
dear all,

Sorry for my poor english, but anyway I try say my opinion. :) I hope you will be understand "my" english.

I'm new in the list and also in Sec-related topics and I'm admin for more than one box. In my competence are PC's with
OS's Win 9x, ... XP, Linux, *nix which working as workstatons or servers.
Probably you are understood, that I can't be every time up to date. Administration is not my full-time job.
I have very nice colleagues and they help me search the informations about new patches, tools etc.

To reduce the e-Mail correspondence and make this informations accessible for all I written a Perl-Tool, which with
using a ROOT-Library(http://root.cern.ch/) create from .txt files a .html file. This is my art of FAQ.

The advantage of using ROOT is, that:
1) We using them for analyse our data
2) it's free
3) the format of the text file (tabs, spaces ..etc) are maintained
4) In the text can be inserted additional html tags like <b></b>

If you are interesting can I send this tool to you.

You can use it for good or bad example :)

Regards
Martin Greschner
Spam-Filter fuer alle - bester Spam-Schutz laut ComputerBild 15-03
WEB.DE FreeMail - Deutschlands beste E-Mail - http://s.web.de/?mc=021120