Security Basics mailing list archives

re: General Security audit question

From: H C <keydet89 () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 06:11:47 -0800 (PST)

I have a pretty decent idea of what I'm looking for,
but
if anyone has any links to, or templates of what you

would find in a security audit could you please let
me
know or send me a copy?

Dallas,

You may need to be more specific...what you're asking
is going to end up w/ three general types of
equally vague as your question.

Take a look at how you're conducting this audit.  Is
it an external thing, similar to a pen test, or is it
internal?

If it's internal, what does the infrastructure look
like...do they have a network map of any kind?  Where
are the critical systems?  What platforms and os's are
the critical systems?  How about the critical apps?