Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Contractor Rates.

From: Alessandro Bottonelli <abottonelli () libero it>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 21:42:39 +0100

On Thursday 23 January 2003 04:29, you wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know what the hourly contract rate is for a Sr. IT Auditor with
15+ years experience?

I can talk for the European Union, where rates for Senior Consultants (IT or
not IT, it doesn't matter) varies a lot from Member State to another.

In Italy (where I live) the industry average is $1,300 / day (but I have seen
$1,600 / day contracts) if you are a well established consulting company
selling a Senior Consultant to a client. The average becomes $1,000 / day if
you are a small consulting company or an individual subcontracting for a big
name (but I have seen $520 / day contracts ....).

In UK (culturally and industry-wise closer to the USA) these figures become
$2,500 and $2,000 respectively. They become $280 - $200 in Denmark (can't
figure this out...).

Divide by eight to get the hourly rate. :-)  These figures come from this
week edition of "Il Mondo" a reputed italian financial weekly magazine.

Ciao

--
Alessandro Bottonelli
A.Bottonelli () axis-net it