Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Contractor Rates.

From: "Stevie A. Jones" <sajones () med unc edu>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 12:48:06 -0500

My guess is that it would depend on what part of the country you're in (assuming
you are in the US).  Salary.com has a good wizard, but it lists general
positions such as IT/Manager or IT/Networking.

Tony Toni wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know what the hourly contract rate is for a Sr. IT Auditor with
15+ years experience?  I have had some agencies call me and ask me if I want
to work as an Sr. IT Auditor for about $50 an hour on short term contracts
(i.e. about 6 months).   Is this a good rate or am I being low balled?
What rate do IT Security Consultants with a CISSP get?...seems to me I
should get about the same.  Anybody know of any web sites that list contract
rates for security or audit people?

Please note that I am not asking how much a client companies pays...because
I know that an agency gets about 30-50% cut.  I am asking what is the hourly
amount that would go into my pocket

Tony CIA,CISA,CDP,MBA