Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Contractor Rates.

From: sharon_joyner () timeinc com
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 13:36:15 -0500

I looked into this a few years back and was told to figure out what
yearly salary I'd like, accounting for my area's cost of living and the
cost of health care, retirement, etc., unless the agency offers
benefits.  Divide this salary number by 2000 and you come up with the
approximate hourly rate to shoot for.

For example, if you need $100,000 to live on, then $50 an hour should be
fine.

Hope this helps.
Sharon