Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: win2k firewall

From: "Richard H. Cotterell" <seec () mail retina ar>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 22:40:30 -0300

Ref: Zimin, Alex <alex () towerrecords com>'s
     message dated 08 January 2003, 11:21 hours.

In some cases UNIX box or Cisco firewall is not an option.
I had deal with the Satellite ISP, where only a Windows box can be connected to the Internet.

Kerio makes a firewall product which is free for personal use.
http://www.kerio.com/us/kpf_download.html

I'm not sure how good it is compare to other windows firewalls, but it's free for personal use.

We have been using Kerio for some time now and we find it to be reliable
and effective.  It is in reality the next step version of what was Tiny
Personal Firewall.

--
Richard H. Cotterell  <mailto:seec () mail retina ar>

When virtue is lost, benevolence appears; when benevolence is lost, right
conduct appears; when right conduct is lost, expedience appears. Expediency
is the mere shadow of right and truth; it is the beginning of disorder.
  -Lao Tse