Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: VNC

From: David Moisan <dmoisan () shore net>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 19:35:59 -0500

At 08:06 AM 1/31/2003 -0500, SMiller () unimin com wrote:

of AT&T UK Labs. My understanding is that VNC development was frozen a long
time ago. AT&T recently disbanded this entity (according to the Register of
some months ago) I believe some of the pieces reverted to Olivetti, but I
heard that they had no plans for VNC. Did some former employees take it

There is a variant known as TightVNC (tightvnc.org) that is still being developed.

Take care,

Dave

David Moisan, N1KGH   ARES/SKYWARN                dmoisan () shore net
Invisible Disability:  http://www1.shore.net/~dmoisan/invisible_disability.html
ATS-909 FAQ:  http://www1.shore.net/~dmoisan/faqs/sangean/ats909faq.html