Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Strange Connection Attempts

From: "Trevor Cushen" <Trevor.Cushen () sysnet ie>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 17:56:56 -0000

From the ports database at www.snort.org:

Port 17300 / tcp
Keyword Kuang2TheVirus
Description [trojan] Kuang2 The Virus

http://www.dark-e.com/archive/trojans/kuang/tv/index.shtml
http://vil.mcafee.com/dispVirus.asp?virus_k=10213&;
http://www.sans.org/search.php?config=sansphp&words=17300

Trevor Cushen
Sysnet Ltd

www.sysnet.ie
Tel: +353 1 2983000
Fax: +353 1 2960499

-----Original Message-----
From: Charles Hamby [mailto:fixer () gci net]
Sent: 19 February 2003 03:50
To: security-basics () securityfocus com
Subject: Re: Strange Connection Attempts

I've been seeing 17300 scans from many places outside of Asia, actually.
I just had one today that I traced back to somewhere around LA, so they
definitely are getting to other time zones, I've been seeing scans from
Comcast, AT&T, and a couple of others.  But, as you say, in all of the
packets I've captured, none of them have any payload.  It's a little
odd.

-CDH