Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Strange Connection Attempts

From: Charles Hamby <fixer () gci net>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 18:50:19 -0900

I've been seeing 17300 scans from many places outside of Asia, actually.
I just had one today that I traced back to somewhere around LA, so they
definitely are getting to other time zones, I've been seeing scans from
Comcast, AT&T, and a couple of others.  But, as you say, in all of the
packets I've captured, none of them have any payload.  It's a little
odd.

-CDH