Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Law office recommendations?

From: "Ken Kousky" <kkousky () ip3inc com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 09:49:29 -0500

One of their biggest exposures is their open conference rooms that allow
guests to sniff across the segment. I tell the story of being in a fancy
law office with powerful litigators and investment bankers all cranking
away on their portables as they stare each other down across the table -
a little dsniff or ethereal allows the opposition to trap the clear text
traffic their emailing back to hq.

We teach everyone to pen test from inside out, not just outside in.
Social engineering is a far greater concern I think - that and strong
password vulnerabilities.

KWK
IP3