Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: TCP Syn Flooding

From: "Craig Searle" <craig.searle () sift com au>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 08:16:46 +1100

Its just a 'script kiddie' trying a DoS attack- I wouldn't really worry if I
were you. Your firewall has picked it up and stopped any problems.

If you are still concerned you want to consider setting your firewall to
block that IP altogether.

Craig Searle
SIFT Pty Ltd
www.sift.com.au

P (02) 9236 7276
F (02) 9236 7271
M 0402 914 077
E craig.searle () sift com au

Level 67, MLC Centre,
Martin Place, Sydney NSW 2000

[ABN 42 094 359 743]

correspondence if you are not the intended recipient. Any opinions expressed
in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender
expressly, and with authority, states them to be the opinions of SIFT Pty
Ltd.