Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: TCP Syn Flooding

From: Ivan Hernandez <ivan.hernandez () globalsis com ar>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 15:40:33 -0300

If it comes ALWAYS from the same source try to identify who or what it is and if it isn't somthing that you need in your life, block it permanently.

Ivan Hernandez

Tim Laureska wrote:

OK. I just installed a Netgear firewall box between a cable modem and a
NT 4.0 server on a small network.. and set it up to email me attempts at
security breaches. I am brand new to these devices and a relative
neophyte to internet/internal network security.  So the question is
this.
I received this message a few times yesterday after I installed the box:

Fri, 02/14/2003 20:35:01 - TCP connection dropped -
Source:205.138.3.201, 80, WAN - Destination:69.2.167.25, 20306, LAN -
'TCP:Syn Flooding' End of Log ----------

What should I make of this?

T.