Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Annoying virus being mailed to me

From: "Mike Heitz" <mikeheitz () upshotmail com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 14:54:56 -0600

Chris,

That's another one that will come to you from just about anywhere. If
someone is infected and has your email address anywhere on their system,
you'll get targeted. Here's the write up from Symantec... of interest is
the section describing where the worm harvest email addresses from. The
fact that you are getting them from varying IP addy's is because of the
number of people who are infected.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.sobig.a@mm.h
tml

mike heitz ** sr it manager ** UPSHOT