Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Annoying virus being mailed to me

From: JohnNicholson () aol com
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 14:41:30 -0500

Just as a data point, I've received email with an "unknown" attachment from big () boss com, too. Haven't bothered to
chase it down.

John

In a message dated 2/7/2003 4:54:13 AM Eastern Standard Time, "Chris Carter" <chris.carter () ebunda com> writes:

Hi guys,

For the last two months or so I have been receiving emails with the
I-Worm/Sobig virus attached about twice a day. My anti-virus sw protects
me well so I am not infected in any way (nor has anybody else here).
Initially, I used to ignore the messages and delete them; after a couple
of weeks I decided to trace the source IP from the mail header and send
complaint messages to the corresponding ISP. But the Bast**d keeps
finding other IP's to mail me from. Messages come from big () boss com. Is
anyone else being targeted? Is this a common occurrence? Am I the only
one?

Cheers!
Chris

---