Security Basics mailing list archives

Block a user's outgoing email

From: Cesar Diaz <cesadiz () yahoo com>
Date: 27 Aug 2003 14:48:09 -0000

I have situation where I want a user to be able to receive emails, but not
to send them.    We run Exchange 5.5 and the clients use Outlook 2000.
This particular user is remote, so they connect through a Contivity VPN
client to our network.

I don't want the user to know that outgoing emails are being blocked and
we want to be able to read them for secuirity policy violations.

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Federal, September 29-30 (Training),
October 1-2 (Briefings) in Tysons Corner, VA; the world's premier
technical IT security event.  Modeled after the famous Black Hat event in
Las Vegas! 6 tracks, 12 training sessions, top speakers and sponsors.
Symantec is the Diamond sponsor.  Early-bird registration ends September 6.Visit us: www.blackhat.com