Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Purging Blaster.worm

From: Rory <nazgul () csn ul ie>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 22:28:09 +0100 (IST)

Should you not apply the patch first and then go about the task of
removing the worm. The point being that the time between you removing the
worm and you patching means that the host can get infected again. There
are automatic removal tools aswell as you may have missed a step in the
removal process.

removel tool:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.removal.tool.html

cheers,