Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Check Point and/or NetScreen Training???

From: "Michael LaSalvia" <mike () genxweb net>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 16:25:49 -0400

You should be able to do the Netscreen by just getting a test kit and
a Netscreen from ebay. They are extremely easy to use and configure
and not much changes between the different models.

I had the fortune of getting trained at work by both Netscreen and
Check Point trainers. I found the Check Point trainers to be more of
a sales pitch as where the Netscreen reminded me of a high tech
Linksys router.

You can probably pass the CCSA real easy if you go to their website
download a evaluation copy and do a search on a P2P or online for the
test study guide.

I may make these tests sound easy but it all depends on your comfort
level and dedication in learning these products. I deal with them on
a day to to day basis.

If you are looking for a class to take, look into Global Knowledge I
knowthey run Check Point boot camps for around 2000 - 3000 dollars.