Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Anit-Virus Software

From: "greg.jensen" <greg.jensen () comcast net>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 08:16:26 -0500

I must say, we use eTrust AV in a VERY large enviorment and have never seen
this.  The very fact that McAfee and Symantec have (combined) had about a
dozen quality issues ranging from the 4 vulnerabilities in ePO, to the more
recent issues that screwed everybody that upgraded to 7.04, only confirms my
original choice.  Symantec has had "how many" vulnerabilities, and flawed
signature updates this year?   Yes, I admit...Trend has had the better
record of those three regarding quality.