Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Anit-Virus Software

From: Justin_Andrusk () progressive com
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 12:06:49 -0400

Cost is probably going to be a factor. Mcafee has a product in addition to
VirusScan that you can use to manage all hosts from a single console. It's
E-Policy Orchestrator. I don't believe Sophos has anything except
reporting. Not sure about Trend Micro. If you want to be adventurous, you
can manage it all through scripting.

Regards,
Justin Andrusk
Information Security
Progressive Insurance
Phone : 440-395-0630

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           "John Roberts"  |
|         |           <roberts@trideca|
|         |           p.com>          |
|         |                           |
|         |           08/05/2003 03:28|
|         |           PM              |
|         |           Please respond  |
|         |           to roberts      |
|         |                           |
|---------+--------------------------->
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                               |
  |        To:      security-basics () securityfocus com                                                             |
  |        cc:                                                                                                    |
  |        Subject: Anit-Virus Software                                                                           |

I need to set up some anti-virus software for our company.  We have
about 15 people running windows, a windows 2003 file server and possibly
and exchange server, and over the next two years we will grow to around
100 employees.  Basically, I want virus software that I can manage from
one console, and will do a good job of finding viruses.  I'd prefer to
have the file server and exchange server be able to be managed by the
same console, but if not I can live with it.  I've been looking at
Norton and Panda, but am looking for some real world opinions.

John roberts