Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Don't BOUNCE the list!

From: Chris Santerre <csanterre () MerchantsOverseas com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 17:15:02 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Fred W. Noltie Jr. [mailto:noltie () airmail net]
Sent: Saturday, April 12, 2003 3:23 PM
To: security-basics () securityfocus com
Subject: Re: Don't BOUNCE the list!

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 12:47:02PM -0400, Chris Santerre wrote:
Come on guys! You join a security list that will no doubt talk about
blocking P_0_R_N.stuff. Then you block messages containing
this topic!
Whitelist the list! I respond to a post only to receive a
ton of bounced
messages in my inbox because my reply contains a discussion
on blocking this
stuff. ARGH!

This is a sure fire way for your posts to end up in the bit
bucket of other
subscribers.

Incredibly, not everyone that subscribes to the list has
control over what
gets blocked at their mail servers.

Fred

I don't fully agree with that. You always have the power to ask! Hey
,(admin, ISP, dad, Fred, santa), I can't get the security basics list due to
the filtering. Could you please whitelist?

If whoever did the filtering can't whitelist, then there is a MAJOR flaw in
the software and the employee!

Chris

Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the
world's premier event for IT and network security experts.  The two-day
Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals.
The two-day Briefings on May 14-15 features 24 top speakers with no vendor
sales pitches.  Deadline for the best rates is April 25.  Register today to
ensure your place.  http://www.securityfocus.com/BlackHat-security-basics