Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Don't BOUNCE the list!

From: "Fred W. Noltie Jr." <noltie () airmail net>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 14:23:00 -0500

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 12:47:02PM -0400, Chris Santerre wrote:
Come on guys! You join a security list that will no doubt talk about
blocking P_0_R_N.stuff. Then you block messages containing this topic!
Whitelist the list! I respond to a post only to receive a ton of bounced
messages in my inbox because my reply contains a discussion on blocking this
stuff. ARGH!

This is a sure fire way for your posts to end up in the bit bucket of other
subscribers.

Incredibly, not everyone that subscribes to the list has control over what
gets blocked at their mail servers.

Fred

--
The consequences of being at war, and therefore in danger, makes the
handing-over of all power to a small caste seem the natural, unavoidable

Is SPAM over-loading your e-mail server, disk space or bandwidth?
SurfControl E-Mail Filter is flexible, intelligent and policy-driven
protection.
http://www.securityfocus.com/SurfControl-security-basics2
Download your free fully functional trial, complete with 30-days of free technical support.
Stop SPAM before it stops you.