Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Pop-up alert

From: "Jon Pastore" <jpastore () idetech net>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 09:24:53 -0400

I don't like the idea of controling traffic from the workstation I would
rather use squid (which I'm still in search of a good log analyzer that I
like) a proxy server for linux or similair application suitable for your
enviroment.  in a large production enviroment or an enviroment that you
intend to be scalable minimizing what needs to installed on the workstation
is important to me.

We write intranet software that runs small financial companies and it's a
web based application.  We only install Office, IE6sp1, and norton antivirus
enterprise client on the work stations they don't need anything else.  We
control everything else from the server side.

-Jon