Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Automated analysis of logs?

From: "Trevor Cushen" <Trevor.Cushen () sysnet ie>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 12:19:41 +0100

PERL is the answer to all your log questions.  I sent on stuff before to
members of this list to parse IIS logs and isolate good traffic from
attacks based on known signatures such as "cmd.exe" etc and
"....\....\..." type stuff.  It could all be logged into a database and
reports generated to your hearts content.  Flashy web front ends are
also possible and also the ability to graph the whole thing with
GD::Graph routines.

So again PERL is your answer.  Well worth a look as it was built with
log analysis and reporting in mind.

OR

Look at 'FastStats Analyzer' , 'http://www.10-strike.com/&apos;, and there
are more via search engines.  But for customised solutions I'm afraid
you have to do it yourself.  But it is worth it.