Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Personal Firewalls

From: "Craig Searle" <craig.searle () sift com au>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 08:24:43 +1000

Its probably only a few small matters of personal preference but, I do like
the Intrusion Detection system and the DLL authentication. I just feel like
it gives me that extra level of control.

I suppose the only other thing would be that I felt ZoneAlarm is trying to
become more 'user-friendly' to appeal to the "Mum & Dad" market- I can
totally understand why they would make that decision but I feel that it
detracts from the product overall (or maybe I'm just plain fussy!!).

If you wanted a 'set and forget' firewall then it would be hard to go past
ZoneAlarm, but if you wanted more control etc then I think Sygate is the
better option.

Craig Searle
SIFT Pty Ltd
www.sift.com.au

P (02) 9236 7276
F (02) 9236 7271
M 0402 914 077
E craig.searle () sift com au

Level 67, MLC Centre,
Martin Place, Sydney NSW 2000

[ABN 42 094 359 743]

correspondence if you are not the intended recipient. Any opinions expressed
in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender
expressly, and with authority, states them to be the opinions of SIFT Pty
Ltd.