Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Personal Firewalls

From: Matti Haack <m.haack () haack-it de>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 16:39:40 +0200

I have a PIII 550 m/c running Win98. I need a personal firewall for it.
I am looking at Zone Alarm, Sygate and Tiny Personal Firewall as my
options.
I would choose Kerio Personal Firewall II (The former Tiny Personal
Firewall) - or even better, the beta if you like to "play" - it has
much more options...
Here you have full access to the logs, all Options and complete free
rulesets. Besides, its Actual release is very stable, secure, compact
and fast and free for personal use.

Greetings
  Matti

-
Matti Haack - Hit Haack IT Service Gmbh
Neuburger Strasse 35, D-94032 Passau
+49 851 50477-22 Fax: +49 851 50477-29
http://www.haack-it.de

Is SPAM over-loading your e-mail server, disk space or bandwidth?
SurfControl E-Mail Filter is flexible, intelligent and policy-driven
protection.
http://www.securityfocus.com/SurfControl-security-basics2
Download your free fully functional trial, complete with 30-days of free technical support.
Stop SPAM before it stops you.