Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Logoff Problem

From: ktyler () nautilus-ins com
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 11:14:21 -0700

Chris,

I would run regmon and filemon and see what exactly is failing, this will
give you a better clue on what the problem really is.

Keith

                      "Chris Berry"

                      <compjma@hotmail.        To:       windows2000 () freelists org, security-basics () securityfocus
com
                      com>                     cc:

                                               Subject:  Logoff Problem

                      12/02/2002 12:50

                      PM

I recently downgraded my security from NTLMv2 only to NTLMv2 refuse LM
users
can't log off of win2kpro.  I don't have profile limits set.  Basically
what
happens is they go to start, logoff, then hit yes, and it just drops back
the desktop and never logs them off.  I don't see how it could be related
the NTLM change but I don't have any other thoughts at the moment, anyone
out there have a clue what's going on?

Chris Berry
compjma () hotmail com
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"And here in our server room you can see our Beowolf Cluster of C64's that
keeps our enterprise on the very cutting edge of technology."