Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: whois tricks was : whois is what?

From: "Matthew McGehrin" <mcgehrin () reverse net>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 23:46:29 -0400

Sorry my friend :) I think you meant to type -h instead of @ :)

the -h flag works on both Linux and FreeBSD.

I am unsure about Solaris, but using the '@' symbol appears to not be an
option with FreeBSD.

FreeBSD 2.2.8
matthew@host1:/usr/home/matthew> whois -h
usage: whois [-adpr] [-h hostname] name ...

FreeBSD 4.5
matthew@monkey:/usr/home/matthew> whois -h
whois: option requires an argument -- h
usage: whois [-adgimpQrR6] [-c country-code | -h hostname] name ...

-- Matthew