Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

RE: about disclosure of nimda logs

From: "leon" <leon.inyc () verizon net>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 22:41:34 -0400

I am just curious as to why ANYONE thinks ANY ISP is going to cut off
their life blood (their customers) just to appease someone who is not
even being hacked (just probed).

Just curious because I have a friend who is VP of an ISP and he said any
isp who did that would be crazy.  The person would get annoyed and take
his business elsewhere.  Not to mention that most people are not
accounting for dynamic ips.   Finally, I would have to say that I don't
think the isp have the resources or the desire to track down every
single person infected with code red or nimda.

My 2 cents (on the current market worth about .05)

Cheers,

Leon