Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Publishing Nimda Logs

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 15:36:02 -0700

Johannes B. Ullrich wrote:
At the very least, they do have your billing address ;-).
<snip>
I usually get better responses from smaller ISPs and Universities.
Non-auto responses from large ISPs are an exception.

BTW, no offense to the ISPs that DO do their job, and contact their customers. As I indicated before, there are ISPs out there that have a clue, and I applaud them. However, I have done mass notifications before myself, and was rather dismayed at the number of bounces, incorrect RIN info, and even plain hostile responses. The responses that I would have considered "success" were less than 5%.

                                                BB