Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Bug or just having fun in Word

From: "Hellman, Henrik" <Henrik.Hellman () SCALA SE>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 15:35:47 +0100

I learnt loooong ago this was a sentence to test old tty's wich were
mechanical typwriters, the ascii code was only 5 bits and to be able to
print all chars' there were two modes, one upper and one lower and you sent
a special character to switch between these modes. "The lazy fox..." was an
extrem sentence as it made the tty switch between these modes for almost
every character. Heavy stuff since these tty's worked at 75 baud or even at
the minddazzling 150 baud... :) My friend also used to play Jinglebells with
the bell sign, if you were tonedeaf you liked it.... :)
/hh
Henrik Hellman
Scala Global IT Security Executive
Scala Global IT Team