Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Win32.Sircam.Worm Alert.....

From: horape () tinuviel compendium net ar
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 00:50:30 -0300

¡Hola!

Today I received two e-mails with the mentioned attachments, although
from people I have never heard of before. Since I'm fighting SPAM every
single day, I don't open attachments in e-mails from unknown senders
(some people seem too happy to get e-mail and think everyone who sends
them one is a good guy), but I recognised the text and thought I'd drop
a line about the e-mail I received a couple of days ago, more precisely
Thursday 19th. It's the same mail, with one big difference; it's in
spanish:

| Hola como estas ?

Hi, how are you?

| Te mando este archivo para que me des tu punto de vista

I'm attaching that file so you comment on it.

| Nos vemos pronto, gracias.

See you, thanks.

---

There are several versions in each language.

I don't know much spanish, but it looks to me as a direct translation of
the english version. Subject line was "WOWWWWWWWW" and the attached
(suspected evil) file is named "WOWWWWWWWW.doc.com".

It seems to take the filename from a file in the victim, and copy that name
to the subject.

 / Martin Lindquist

Saludos,
                                        HoraPe