Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: DoS Local machines

From: sarnold () WILLAMETTE EDU (Seth R Arnold)
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 20:58:30 -0700

Jason, what I think would be best would be management hubs. You detect
an attack on one machine from another machine, and you turn off the port
of the attacking computer. This way, there isn't any extra traffic as
you try to kill the machine with software..

If you have nice hubs/switches, this is the way to go. If you don't have
nice hubs/switches, start buying them now. :)

* Jason <jottwell () OPENRECORDS ORG> [000507 20:49]:
I am a network admin that is willing to take the next step in preventing
machines from attacking other machines on my network.  Let's say that IDS

--
Hate spam? See http://maps.vix.com/rbl/ for help
'Netscape engineers are weenies!' -- Microsoft