Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Networking theories

From: Matthew.King () CWO NET AU (Matthew King)
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 07:15:23 +1000

Hi.

I was referring to large providers doing checking on packets leaving their
networks to make sure that the source is really on the right side of their
network.. Ingress checking can be a problem (if you do it with Cisco
routers) if you network has asymmetrical routes.. Either way.. Very few
providers that I know of (anywhere) do it..

Cya
Matthew