Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Crashing Win9x

From: Yugoslavia () CANADA COM (PCbob - Slobodan miskoviC)
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 00:54:26 -0800

Thats where you are wrong... I started thinking after I rebooted my >machine
and this can be remotely exploited via www pages,
simply do a meta refresh (code attached) and it'll blue screen... but >this
seems to be browser dependant, IE will change the \ to / and just >complain
that the file cannot be found, on the other hand netscape will >happily try
to execute the code.

I did some testing in school - basiclu every program (any daemon - ftp, http...) any user program... they all crush
when request is issued for \con\con or anything else from this category.
we did remote administration via novel (i just say remote execute c:\nul\nul, and voila). Sambar (4.something, i think)
also crashes (when issued a request like GET /nul/ul HTTP1.0\n\n via telnet, or simply in browser [i used
http://computer.addres//nul/nul from any browser.]). The only thing that was not vulnerable was apahe (1.3.12 i thing,
with php extenzion, but that shouldn't matter). I will try other suff, and proably put on some page i I find something
else that's not vulerable, or other ways to use this

best regards, Slobodan

--==[BosshCCo]==--
Slobodan miskoviC: high scool student,
        linux geek & big nerd