Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: FW: The AOL Spyware

From: oxygen () DNC NET (Scott Alexander)
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 02:43:14 -0700

I'd just like to see what exactly is being uploaded.  I haven't found it
yet (i did miss some of this thread), and in a few tests with a sniffer
and netscape i couldn't find any packets that looked out of place.

Can anyone say what is being uploaded, when and how?

It seems like the online media is going more towards what I get
from tv,  jump on a story as soon as it hits with a flash, and if it
doesn't follow through, you just don't add anything later.

Scott