Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Apple Mac DoS

From: "Matteo,Marc A." <mmatteo () FUSIONSTORM COM>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 23:24:42 -0800

Check the version number of the TCP/IP control panel.

Aw crap.  I could've sworn it said "2.5".  It's 2.6.2b1.  No really, I
was doing some... er... testing and scanning my internal net on UDP.
When the iMac froze, I assumed it was due to the UDP DoS.  I was sure
the version then was still 2.5 and *after* the 9.0.4 update because I
was pretty surprised.  I even downloaded the Open Transport 2.6 update
(but didn't install it).

Well, forget what I said since I can't verify it now :(.  The next time
I hose my iMac I'll check again.

Marc