Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Remote exploitation of network scanners?

From: "Bluefish (P.Magnusson)" <11a () GMX NET>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 14:29:07 +0200

This came into my mind while reading Ricardo's post. I remember hering
numerous people mentioning that various ftp and telnet *clients* were
suffering from the formatation bug.

Was that problem only present in input supplied by the user, or also
present in server supplied data? Maybe a few ftp and telnet commands will
execute code suplied by the server.  Not a good thing, imho!

     http://www.11a.nu || http://bluefish.11a.nu
    eleventh alliance development & security team