Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Remote exploitation of network scanners?

From: Marc Maiffret <marc () eeye com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 12:07:48 +0100

Yup... exploiting scanners, or any security product really, definitely can
happen.

An example of how an older version of Internet Security Scanner was
exploited, can be found here:

http://www.securityfocus.com/templates/archive.pike?list=1&date=1998-12-1&ms
g=Pine.BSD.4.00.9812032016220.8681-100000 () l0pht com

Signed,
Marc Maiffret
Chief Hacking Officer
eCompany / eEye