Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Windows: Local Security Workaround

From: spamjunkmail2000 () YAHOO COM (Junk mojo)
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 22:09:39 -0700

Actually, at my school the site admin put the
"restricting" policies on the machines and the load in
safe mode regardless of the connection to the network.
 Thats what dos is for ;-)...and i do believe you
could with netware...or so i have been told that with
netware it can become self reliant (ie locking out the
admin of most files) but that takes some serious
configuration I will blindly assume.  Sorry if i send
this somewhere i not supposed to i never posted before

Yes, this is a windows 95 box. And by "network
setting" I mean denied by the
administrator, however, if you are not logged in
then that doesn't take any
affect at all, at least not in this situation.
Sorry for the misuse of terminology, I'm not that
big on windows really. Heh.