tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: New datasource implementation

From: Michael Richardson <mcr () sandelman ca>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 15:58:50 -0500

"Akos" == Akos Vandra <axos88 () gmail com> writes:
    Akos> Mkay, I think I did it... Although I'm not sure :)

    Akos> @Guy Harris: I dropped the ARM trace thing, it turned out that
    Akos> wireshark is not really suitable for what I want to do. This
    Akos> is another project, that adds support for a canusb adapter,
    Akos> and uses DLT_SOCKETCAN, so there is no need for a new DLT.

    Akos> Please check: axos88/libpcap.git

    Akos> Regards, Ákos Vandra

    Akos> P.S. Why are configure and config.h.in tracked? Shouldn't
    Akos> these be generated by autoconf and autoheader?

In theory, yes.  In practice, end users never have the exact *right*
version of those utilities installed, and only people hacking that part
of the code need it.

If you "touch .devel" in the directory, configure does some more things,
including running "make depend".  Hmm. I thought it also assumed
autoconf existed, and would regenerate things, but I don't see that in ./configure.

--
] mcr () sandelman ottawa on ca http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
                       then sign the petition.