tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Linux Frame-Relay and misc

From: Krzysztof Halasa <khc () pm waw pl>
Date: 18 Oct 2003 13:44:02 +0200

Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu> writes:

Is the Q.933 call control used only for ISDN access to Frame Relay?  Or
are SVCs used elsewhere?

SVCs can also be used on FR as an option (I'm told some FR networks
support it). I think it uses Q.933 call control (not sure about other LMI
variants). Unfortunately, I'm connected to a network which only does PVC.

I don't think one can mix ISDN and FR, but I'm still reading FRF and
other docs.
--
Krzysztof Halasa, B*FH
-