tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Linux Frame-Relay and misc

From: Krzysztof Halasa <khc () pm waw pl>
Date: 18 Oct 2003 13:50:17 +0200

Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu> writes:

      http://www.frforum.com/basicguide/chap3.html

says

      ISDN and Switched Access for PVCs and SVCs
      Access on demand for PVCs and SVCs, whether via Integrated
      Services Digital Network (ISDN) or switched access is another
      method to reach the frame relay network.  Access on demand holds
      a great deal of promise for remote locations accessing
      high-speed frame relay implementations.

Then I think we should do full DSS 1 decoder.
It would be nice if we find someone with access to such ISDN -> FR
network, though.

OTOH the protocol on FR side isn't that flexible - i.e. while you can
do SVCs (on some networks), you can never do full DSS 1.
--
Krzysztof Halasa, B*FH
-