Snort mailing list archives

Re: FW: AW: Libovar Man info.

From: Rameez Qureshi <rameez_q () hotmail co uk>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 20:39:46 +0100

Hello

yes i saw that... my first question is why is it looking in a 'src' directory?
there should be no need to add paths to those include lines... generally
speaking, those two files (classification.conf and reference.conf) should reside
in the same directory as your snort.conf (/etc/)...

I have tried different options to get it working when being left in its basic format being include
classification.config and the same for reference I get the following error:

Initialising rule chains...
ERROR: ../rules/blacklist.rules(22) unknown ClassType: Trojan-activity
Fatal Error, Quitting..

When going to line 22 of snort.conf
I have then followed the instructions to fully validate the configuration and exit with a fatal error

However I'm not sure on how to correct this

Thanks
Rameez