Snort mailing list archives

Re: FW: AW: Libovar Man info.

From: Rameez Qureshi <rameez_q () hotmail co uk>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 19:31:05 +0100

I don't think I got the second email, I got the one where you replied and suggested me starting from scratch which is
what I have done now as ended up with the following:

I have commented out the # for the white & black list rules to run through the config document to see any other
errors and have another error as follows:

ERROR: ../rules/blacklist.rules(22) Unknown ClassType: trojan-activity
Fatal Error, Quitting..

I have seen it relates to the classification and reference.config files which are in the config file as follows:
include classification.config
include reference.config

When i add rule paths to them I get the following error:

ERROR: ./../rules/usr/src/reference.config(0) Unable to open rules file "./../rules/usr/src/reference.config": No
such file or directory.

Fatal Error, Quitting..

Sent from my iPhone