Snort mailing list archives

Re: Can't alert on most

From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2014 16:00:37 -0500

On 3/5/2014 7:45 AM, Michael Wisniewski wrote:
Please see quoted text below for answers...

inline posting... excellent! that's the way it should be done ;) thank you sir :)

I did compile Snort myself.  I just used './configure' without any options.  I'm
running it on Ubuntu 12.04 x86_64 with everything patched and up to date.

ahhhh... let's go do that again but this time use

    ./configure --enable-sourcefire

it should give you the best default options and it will be more of what VRT use
and recommend... hopefully you won't have any problem reconfiguring, compiling
and installing the new version...

NOTE: that's dash dash enable dash sourcefire... i've seen some mail clients
screw it up by making it one large dash at the beginning which isn't right...